A unique opportunity to drive demand planning at a global scale-up
reMarkable is a Norwegian company on a mission to help people think better through technology in a distracted world. We have sold more than a million devices worldwide, we recently became Norway’s latest unicorn, and now have over 380 employees in Oslo. In what feels like no time, we've gone from a small startup to being one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
Following the successful launch of reMarkable 2, which was named one of TIME's top 100 inventions of 2020, we have set ourselves ambitious growth and product development goals for the long run. To help us get there, we need new colleagues that want to make a real difference through their work – and that’s where you come in.
Demand planning at reMarkable is constantly increasing in complexity as we are scaling our retail channels globally and continuing to enter new markets. Last year we entered 15 new countries and we are rapidly expanding, bringing the current total up to 50+ countries of operations worldwide. As we are adding levels of complexity and maturity to our operations, we see the need for increased use of automation, analytics, data and insights to our demand planning function, which is the heartbeat of any retailer's business model. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced demand planner to join our team and becoming part of a growing strategic focus-area in the company.
As a demand planner at reMarkable, you can expect a wide range of challenging, complex and rewarding tasks. We are currently implementing a new “state of the art” supply chain planning system, o9, which will improve the use of advanced analytics and bring clarity towards all of our retail partners. Therefore, this role will be a key driver in the deployment and use of this program, and take ownership of the opportunities that follow. In addition, the role will include responsibility for our retail sales channels globally, and collaborate with our partners to exchange data and achieve consensus on volumes. To be successful in this, you will work closely with senior stakeholders at reMarkable from supply chain, market and commercial, effectively owning the pulse of the company and becoming a crucial asset to our entire operations.
We believe that candidates with a desire to generate significant impact and positive growth at a global scale-up will thrive in this role. This role will have a direct effect on our revenues, and be a key facilitator for growth in the years to come. If the possibility to lead end-to-end product demand and supply chain planning across all channels of distribution in over 50 countries for the reMarkable product line sounds intriguing, we want to talk to you.
Main tasks and responsibilities will involve
- Executing demand forecasting and planning in O9
- Owning the process to reach consensus on the short and long term forecast for your dedicated area, in close collaboration with key stakeholders at reMarkable
- Leading the inputs to our Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and Sales & Operations Execution (S&OE) processes
- Establishing and constantly improving demand planning processes and systems at reMarkable
- Estimating and evaluating prospective retail partners and analysing expansion possibilities
- Working closely with global retailers to enhance our collective planning and operations, making sure things are running smoothly
What is your background?
- You have a minimum of a Masters degree in relevant subjects
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in retail, eCommerce, consulting or other relevant industries
- You have experience with advanced data analytics and insights, demand planning, forecasting, growth management, process improvement or other similar functions
- Experience and knowledge using advanced planning tools, such as o9, is a plus, but not a requirement
Who are you?
- You have strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making
- You have strong communication skills, ability to build effective relationships across the organization incl top management
- You are a team player who likes to work in a fast-paced environment alongside talented colleagues
- You are ambitious and driven with a desire to make a positive impact at a growing tech company
Employment type: Full-time
What can we offer?
- The opportunity to work closely with the top management in a global tech scale up
- The opportunity to influence key strategic decision making in an innovative tech scaleup
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and cross-functional team in an environment that solves everything from product development, production, hardware and software development, marketing on a global arena, strategy, management, CRM, content product, and a lot more.
- Rewarding and challenging tasks where you will see direct results
- An opportunity to get involved in all steps of creating a product used by hundreds of thousands of customers across the globe
- Career opportunities with a focus on subject matter expertise and personal development in a fast-growing company, where both skilled subject matter experts and leaders are crucial to our success
- A supportive culture where we take care of each other and build reMarkable together. With us, the "team" is larger than the "me." We offer a work environment that presents motivation and joy, built around our company values: curiosity, dedication, and generosity.
- In addition to competitive terms, we offer the opportunity to purchase employee-priced shares in reMarkable and six weeks paid vacation annually.
- A new Macbook/PC, reMarkable 2, choice of mobile phone, and home Wi-Fi allowance
- Premium health insurance (incl. physiotherapy and private medical consultations)
- Regular team events and parties
- A shared Headspace account for your mental well-being
- Career development opportunities as a leader or subject specialist
- Centrally-located modern offices in Grünerløkka, Oslo (relocating to Fridtjof Nansens vei 12 at Majorstua in early 2024)
This role will be located at reMarkables HQ in Oslo, Norway
- For further information about the position, contact Markus Ringstad, Engagement Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +47 458 47 181)
- Application deadline: ASAP