Are you our next C++ Build Engineer?
Want to help millions of people think better?
reMarkable is a Norwegian tech company on a mission to help people all over the world to find focus in a distracted world. We recently confirmed our status as Norway's latest unicorn, with almost 400 employees in Oslo and more than a million devices sold worldwide. In what feels like no time, we've gone from a small startup finding its way to being one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
Following the successful launch of the reMarkable 2, which was named one of TIME's top 100 inventions of 2020, our subscription service Connect in 2021, and the Type Folio in 2023, we've set ourselves exciting growth and product development goals for the coming years. To help us get there, we need new colleagues ready to make a real difference through their work - and that's where you come in.
Are you ready to join the exciting growth of a truly unique tech brand?
About the role
We’re looking for a software engineer to help our software teams build and deliver software. You’ll work closely with application developers to improve the velocity in shipping a quality product to our users. You will help us with application development on desktop/mobile and our own Linux distribution on our hardware. We use modern C++ with Qt as UI Framework and aim to deploy more often and with better quality.
Further tasks and responsibilities
- Improve our developer infrastructure, such as continuous integration systems and test automation pipelines
- Improve use of compilers and internal tools, dependency management and related functionality
- Maintain and extend our build system scripts
- Master's degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience
- General programming knowledge
- Knowledge of infrastructure, virtualization, running/using/maintaining continuous integration systems and tests
- Knowledge about shared/dynamic and static libraries - understand compile- and runtime impact of changes and are comfortable with native code
- Experience with Continuous Integration of a complex C++ based project
- Experience with delivering native applications to beta and public users
- Embedded software experience or native Windows/MacOS experience
- Git and GitOps workflows
- Maintenance and monitoring of Linux machines for ensuring system operations for running tests with custom hardware.
Employment type: Full-time
What do we offer?
- Highly competitive salary and pension plan
- A new Macbook/PC, reMarkable 2, choice of mobile phone, and home Wi-Fi allowance
- Five weeks vacation + 5 reMarkable days to use as you wish
- Premium health insurance (incl. physiotherapy and private medical consultations)
- Access to our employee share incentive scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Rewarding and challenging tasks on a wide range of projects
- Regular team events, parties, and off-site retreats
- A shared Headspace account for your mental well-being
- Career development opportunities as a leader or subject specialist
- Centrally-located modern offices in Grünerløkka, Oslo
- A unique opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest-growing tech scaleups in Norway
At reMarkable, we offer the opportunity to contribute towards building a global tech company. You'll join a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and be involved in every step of creating a product that's used and valued by hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe.
Besides robust career development and growth opportunities, we offer a workplace where everyone can influence the company's direction, story, and success. We're a committed and highly motivated team with a lot of love for what we do and the people that we work with.
Through collaboration, we create a generous, respectful, and supportive environment where people take the extra steps needed to help each other succeed as well as exceed expectations.
Contact Ole Øyvind Skaaret at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
You should have a valid work permit from the EU/EEA. (Relocation assistance is provided)